Salone del Mobile, Milan 2018
Now that the dust has settled on our hugely enjoyable and inspirational trip to Salone del Mobile Milan, we have taken a minute to recap on the highlights of the exhibition and the trends we spotted coming down the line!
What’s not to love about heading off to Milan for a late Spring trip, especially with a fabulous group of architects and interior designers! Difficult to narrow the list but here are some particular favourites:
- Immersing ourselves in the ultimate sensory experience with Dornbract’s LifeSpa: the new frontier in wellness and health. We tried a 180-second Criosauna treatment (a sauna that operates at -160 °C thanks to the use of liquid nitrogen!), while the heat-seekers enjoyed steam rooms, chromotherapy rain showers, pool and Balneotherapy, which involves hot or cold water, massage through moving water, relaxation, or stimulation
- We enjoyed a first-hand look at Dornbracht’s Aquamoon multi-sensory shower launch, which is particularly minimalist by design, sitting flush to the ceiling and boosting mood through various flow modes and integrated lighting
- Thoroughly enjoyed the hospitality at the Effegibi exhibition, who epitomise the essence of ‘perfect wellness’, and their new Fitbox, which is a combination of a Hammam and a shower in a small but customisable space
- We can’t get enough of our Spanish tile partner, Apavisa, who introduced the new SLABS range of wall & floor tile. This is an ideal solution for commercial projects with anti-slip structured matte floor slabs +36 PTV and so many colour and size options for every space
We spent a lot of our time exploring the bathrooms and tiles exhibitions, and really noticed some continuing and emerging new tile trends, including:
- Terrazzo tiles
- Glass block tiles
- Geometric and 3D geometric pattern tiles
- Large slab tiles in loud patterns
Enjoy perusing a selection of the pictures we took, and contact us at +353 (0)46.902.9444 to discuss your next project or email email@example.com.